Our Specialist Relationship Therapist works with individuals and couples (opposite and same sex attracted) who are dealing with issues central to their lives.
Relationships are complex and we each bring differences in upbringing, attitudes, values, expectations and communication styles. Our Relationship Therapist works with you to understand how these differences can assist your relationship as opposed to them being hurdles and points of conflict.
Every relationship is unique and with it comes a rhythm or “dance” that may be out of sync. It is possible to identify a rhythm that can work for you both.
Most relationships go through periods of difficulty when put under stress. Couples sometimes find themselves caught in repeating patterns of painful interaction and no matter how hard they want it to be different, they seem to return to these old patterns. It can sometimes be very difficult to change these patterns without the support of a clinically trained professional.
Couples counselling tends to be more successful when couples seek help early when difficulties start to arise, however every relationship can be improved if the desire to do so is there.
Our Relationship Therapist will help you to:
- Understand how your relationship currently works
- Understand how you are contributing to the relationship
- Explore what you want and need from each other
- Open up to each other and really talk and listen
- Work through old issues of pain and hurt that need resolution
- Develop a plan for change that will require both members of the couple to take action and be different in the relationship.
They can help you with a variety of issues including:
- Affairs and trust
- Sexual problems
- Gambling and substance abuse
If you’d like to see our specialist relationship therapist Helen Conley, give us a call on (03) 9391 9866.
461 Melbourne Road, Newport VIC, 3015