Whether it is a new relationship, relationship difficulties within an existing relationship, or the ending of a relationship, our specialist relationships therapist can help. Our relationship specialist works with clients on communication, intimacy, stress, anxiety, family violence, sexual concerns and parenting.
Our Specialist Relationship Therapist can help with:
- Understanding how your relationship currently works
- Understanding how you are both contributing to the relationship
- Exploring what you both want and need from each other
- Opening up to each other and really talking and listening
- Working through old issues of pain and hurt that need resolution
- Developing a plan for change that will require both members of the couple to be different in the relationship
Relationships are complex and we each bring differences in upbringing, attitudes, values, expectations and communication styles. Our Relationship Therapist works with you to understand how these differences can assist your relationship as opposed to them being hurdles and points of conflict.
Every relationship is unique and with it comes a rhythm or “dance” that may be out of sync. It is possible to identify a rhythm that can work for you both.
Most relationships go through periods of difficulty when put under stress. Couples sometimes find themselves caught in repeating patterns of painful interaction and no matter how hard they want it to be different, they seem to return to these old patterns. It can sometimes be very difficult to change these patterns without the support of a clinically trained professional.
Couples counselling tends to be more successful when couples seek help early when difficulties start to arise, however every relationship can be improved if the desire to do so is there.
To schedule an appointment with our Specialist Relationship Therapist Helen Conley contact Aspire Health & Psychology on (03) 9391 9866.